The uterus is the center of a woman’s being and boosting uterine health to maintain a healthy and fertile uterus is quite the task in these modern times. We are sharing a few tips on general uterine health care for you ladies in hopes that this will encourage more women to improve their uterus care practices.
- Eat plenty of cold water fish rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, such as mackerel and salmon, which helps reduce the secretion of prostaglandin – a hormone-like substance that can make the uterus contract too hard, causing pain and increasing the chances of a malpositioning of the uterus.
- Don’t procrastinate your toilet trips. Holding in your urine does more damage than good as it encourages the build-up of waste materials in the bladder which can lead to UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections) and can also result with a vaginal or pelvic Infection.
- Your vaginal discharge tells a story, so pay attention. Excessive, watery, cottage cheese-like, yellow, smelly or other abnormal vaginal discharges are early indications of a possible dysfunction of the uterus, or infections.
- Exercise! This helps not just your uterus but your overall wellbeing too! Try brisk walking or fertility yoga to promote circulation, flexibility of the muscles surrounding the uterus. Swimming also can help strengthen the pelvic muscles so if you have a swimming pool nearby try pelvic exercise weight routines.
- Do a cleanse and clear the clutter once in a while! A fertility cleanse helps to regulate your hormones through cleaning and nourishing the liver. The liver acts as a filter that clears toxins from the body (that includes excess hormones) which might cause hormonal imbalance. While doing a cleanse, the specific herbs and nutrients will help to support the uterus to clear old contents and stagnant blood while promoting good circulation.
- Eat more whole grains to increase your folic acid and beta-carotene intake which can help prevent pelvic related diseases.
- Don’t forget the basic essential for a healthy body – water! Drink water regularly to flush out toxins from the body. Regular intakes of water will improve your quality of life and help your uterus health tremendously.
- Essential oils massages are popular in Asian countries like China and Korea. Rose oil is used to massage the pelvic area to help warm the uterus and help with monthly period pains.
- Increase your uterine immunity with Vitamin C to help fight external bacteria. Drink a glass of warm water with lemon juice in the mornings and make it part of your daily routine.
- Ration your intake of commercially raised meat and dairy products as they contain bovine growth hormones hence they bring a certain exposure of xenoestrogens to your body. Xenoestrogen are foreign estrogens that mimic the functions of our natural estrogens. When they enter our body, they attach themselves to our cells' receptors, taking over the natural estrogens' functions to control growth and development.